Roof Deck 1.5″ Type B
Roof deck is essentially the structural component of the roof to transfer the load to the supports – typically steel joists or beams.
- This lists the main functions of roof deck:
- Encloses Building from Wind
- Provides Fire Resistance as Part of UL Assembly
- Structural Base of Roof Membrane
- Resists Dead, Snow, Roof Live, Seismic and Wind Loads
- Transfers Wind and Seismic Loads to Vertical Components of Lateral Force Resisting Systems through Diaphragm Action
- Roof Deck Not Intended to Be Watertight in Any Circumstance!!
1.5” Type B:
- "B" deck is generally known as "wide rib" deck
- Sidelaps may be flat adjustable or button punchable
- The most common deck profile in the industry and by far the most widely used.1 ½” deep
- Comes in 36” coverage
|GAGE THICKNESS (in.)||0.0295||0.0358||0.0474|
SECTION PROPERTIES PER FOOT OF WIDTH(SEE LAYOUT FOR GAGES USED)